In 1946, brothers Willard and Vern Nelson opened Vern's Place, a small roadside diner, sporting goods, and filling station. The hardworking brothers provided neighborly service and homestyle food to locals and tourists for 17 years. Following a series of owners, Harvey and Dinah Kittel bought the restaurant in 1976. They lived and breathed Vern's Place - even living in the downtstairs apartment with two young daughters. Following a devastating fire in 1990, daughter Val and Nick Lanteri rebuilt the restaurant and became the owners. After 33 years, the longest of an Vern's Place owners, Val and Nick retired to spend much-deserved time with their grandkids. In early 2023, local restauranteurs Alan and Jackie Jantzen became the owners. Their history with the restaurant extends back to high school when Alan would stop by to get a cinnamon roll and bottle of pop before heading to a favorite fishing spot. Today they are proud to continue the Vern's traditions of hard work, community focus and serving the greatest guests on earth!